ABOUT WHMIS 2015 ONLINE:
Every worker who works with, or in proximity to, a hazardous product in the workplace must have Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training. In February 2015, WHMIS was modified to align with the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). The “new” WHMIS is known as WHMIS 2015.
WHMIS 2015 Online
is based on the current 2015 legislation and meets the legislated requirement for general WHMIS training. WHMIS 2015 has come into effect with a transition period that lasts several years. During this time, there may still be hazardous products in the workplace that use the "old" WHMIS 1988 labels, classifications and (Material) Safety Data Sheets. To address this situation, WHMIS 2015 Online also includes information about WHMIS 1988 hazard classification, labeling and communication.
Note: Employers must also provide workplace-specific training and instruction for each of the hazardous products in the workplace.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of Canadian workers
- Identify the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Understand how hazardous materials are classified under WHMIS 2015 (and under WHMIS 1988)
- Know the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier labels and workplace labels, and how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Locate specific types of information about a hazardous material by reading the Safety Data Sheet
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers
- Know general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products
WHMIS Online is an active learning experience, using interactive content screens and online exercises to engage learners and reinforce key concepts. Mandatory testing ensures that participants have met learning objectives and retained the required knowledge.
No participant can complete the course without verifying their understanding of the course material. To progress from one module to the next, participants must pass a mandatory test. Those who do not pass the test must review the module content and re-test. There is no limit to the number of re-tests. Test questions are randomly selected
from a test bank to ensure that re-tests will be unique.
Upon successfully completing all modules, there is a printable certificate for your records.
WHMIS 2015 Online is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at any time and can resume where they left off. The time required to complete the course will depend on many factors including the participant’s learning style and their prior knowledge of course material. Most participants will complete WHMIS 2015 Online in less than 2 hours.