Traincan
HomeContact UsFAQ'sNews and InfoResourcesClient ListStudent Login

  News and Info
  

AHS confirms three more cases of salmonella connected to Folk Fest food booth

cbc.ca, by Travis McEwan, Sept. 5, 2017

The cases discovered over the weekend bring the total to 22 people affected 

Three more cases of salmonella poisoning have been linked to food served at a booth at the Edmonton Folk Music Festival three weeks ago, Alberta Health Services confirmed Tuesday.

On Friday, AHS reported 19 cases of lab-confirmed salmonella linked to food bought at the Haweli Restaurant booth, but the total has now been raised to 22.

Talia Johnson,18, ate mango butter chicken on the first night of the festival on Aug. 11. A week later at the Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Johnson was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning, and appendicitis.

She underwent emergency surgery to have her appendix removed. She said doctors told her the appendicitis was a result of the poisoning.