The Respectful Workplace identifies appropriate and inappropriate workplace behaviours, defines specific behaviours which are unacceptable, including discrimination, harassment and personal harassment (bullying), and describes appropriate ways to respond to such behaviours within the workplace environment.
Who Should Take the Course?
The course is designed for all members of the workplace, including employers, managers, supervisors and workers.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics of a respectful workplace and recognize appropriate and inappropriate workplace behaviours
- Recognize the negative impact of non-respectful behaviours on individual employees and on an organization
- Define discrimination, harassment and personal harassment (bullying) and recognize behaviours which may constitute discrimination or harassment
- Identify the protected grounds as defined by The Canadian Human Rights Act
- Appropriately respond to a situation involving workplace discrimination or harassment, whether as the victim or as the accused
- Understand both the informal and formal complaint processes
- Identify the responsibilities of the organization with regard to the creation and maintenance of a respectful workplace
- Know the roles and responsibilities of management with regard to the identification and resolution of workplace situations involving discrimination or harassment
At the end of the module, there is a test. Participants that do not achieve 100% can review the module content and try as many times as necessary to complete the course. Test questions are randomly selected from a test bank, making each test unique.
Upon successfully completing the module, there is a printable certificate for your records.
This online course is self-paced. Participants may leave the course at anytime and can resume where they left off. The duration will depend on the individual participant and their prior knowledge of the subject matter. On average, the timeline for completion will be 1 - 3 hours.